.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 01, 2007

 

Letter to the Los Angeles Times: 'Will peace cost me my home?'

'Will peace cost me my home?'

Dear Editor:

Thank you for publishing Ghada Ageel's "Will peace cost me my home?" Thrilled to see the refugees recognized and attention paid to the inalienable right written into the Universal Declaration of Human Rights sixty years ago: 'Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and return to his country.' As a daughter of a Palestinian immigrant to the US, I was privileged to attend California public schools, where our teachers taught what Ms. Ageel so aptly conveys: "Surely all modern conceptions of justice and equality must decry a system that places Jews above Palestinians."

Sincerely,

Nancy Harb Almendras

Comments:
Hi Nancy,
I wrote them also, sometimes our letters DO get published, but even if not, it's imperative to continue writing them because they ARE read in 'Cyberspace"

My letter to the LA Times:

Dear Editor,
As a former teacher of US government, I wish to thank you for publishing the article, "Will Peace Cost Me My Home" by Ghada Ageel. Americans are entitled under our own Constitution to freedom of the press by all parties. In addition, our own Declaration of Independence which we hold so dear states, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." If America is to play party to the Middle East peace process, it is imperative for us to know that the Palestinian people are entitled under our own stated values to enjoy the fruits of the values we ourselves hold up as the inalienable rights of all people and to benefit from international law being upheld.

Sincerely,
Robin

Blessings to you Nancy always...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette