.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Attention! All Bloggers for Implementation of Right of Return



Photo courtesty of Al-Awda San Diego from San Diego's August 12 Demonstration, All Out for Palestine, Lebanon, and Iraq!

The Root of the Conflict

If you are an advocate for the implementation of the Palestinians' inalienable right to return as stated in Article 13, Section 2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, "Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country,"

leave a comment or write nancyharb2001@yahoo.com and I will link [again in some cases]to your blog as one that advocates for the implementation of the Palestinians' inalienable right to return home (thanks to Annie for the idea).

Comments:
Will I ever grow up again?



Life on hold

My internal clock is shattered into pieces

The 37 years of forced exile

Have no record in my book of memories

Chapters of lost titles

Blank sheets; page after page

Unseen pictures with no lines

Mysterious characters with no faces

Images that have neither shape nor colour

Invisible words that have no letters

Nor meanings

A sad story with an unwritten script



Life on hold



Ageing by the day

The head inflamed with grey hair

Swallowed by the dark sea of shame

Having to flee without facing the storm

Shaken by the gales of hurt and pain

With my roots uprooted

A freezing gloomy everlasting winter

Watching over my shoulders

Awaiting my decay



Life on hold



I was seven

I am seven

I will be seven

And I will stay seven

Until the day of my return

The pieces of my shattered clock

Will be put together, that day

And it will start ticking again

The pink and white blossoms of my spring

Will become something more than just a dream


http://poetryforpalestine.spaces.live.com/?_c11_blogpart_blogpart=blogview&_c=blogpart&partqs=amonth%3d7%26ayear%3d2006
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette