.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Gaza City Under Attack: Write Your Congressman, Now!

Write your congressman, now. This is the address and my sample letter follows:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home

Dear Congressman Thomas,

This is what the citizens of Gaza City are enduring as I write. These are the words of Laila El-Haddad, a journalist, and graduate of Harvard. She lives with her parents, who are physicians, and her two year old son. Her husband is currently in the states studying medicine.

Laila wrote this on her blog early this morning:

Its 1am. Gaza city is under heavy aerial and sea bombardment, unlike anything the city has seen in recent years. As I write this, F-16 warplanes-not Apaches or tanks-are bombarding Gaza City, where I live, just a few roads away from my house. The entire house is shaking and the windows have cracked. The explosions are so powerful my ears are ringing...they are like sonic booms, but they are real, and they are terrorizing and causing panic. There are several casualities reported by local radio, but other than that we know little else....I'm going to take cover now.

I do not want my tax dollars to pay for the collective punishment of the people of Gaza. Please use your influence to stop the Israeli government.

Sincerely,

Nancy Harb Almendras
Bakersfield, California

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette