.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 31, 2005

 

"Liberal" Feminist Bloggers Action Item

Amnesty International Reports on the status of Palestinian Women:


"Scores of women have been forced to give birth at checkpoints by the roadside and several have lost their babies because Israeli soldiers denied them passage," it said.

It cited the case of Rula Ashtiya who was refused passage on 26 August 2003, by Israeli soldiers at the Bait Furik checkpoint on the way to hospital in Nablus to give birth.

"I was lying on the ground in the dust and I crawled behind a concrete block by the checkpoint to have some privacy and gave birth there, in the dust, like an animal," she said.

"I held the baby in my arms and she moved a little but after a few minutes she died in my arms."

The report also mentions increases in "honor" killings over the past four and a half years. I'm sure that some of my "sisters" will jump on this one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Palestine Blogs - The Gazette